Frank Strong is the director of PR for Vocus – his second gig on the corporate side after having worked for agencies big and small – from Hill & Knowlton to the SheaHedges Group (now Speakerbox) – where he primarily worked for VC-funded start-ups and clients, cutting his teeth during the dot-com era. As a member of the reserve components of the military, initially as an enlisted Marine, and later an Army officer, he’s worn a uniform for nearly 20 years and served overseas twice. He earned a BA from Worcester State College, holds an MA from American University and an MBA from Marymount University. He is an avid SCUBA diver, working on a skydiving license and maintains a personal blog, Sword and the Script, where he writes about PR, marketing and social media.
Connect with Frank on:
Articles by Frank Strong:
- ‘Free’ Is a Fighting Word: Battling the Perception of Social Media as Free
- Five Creative PR Ideas for Launches
- Five Effective PR Stunts for Cyber Monday Marketing
- Four Social Media Lessons From the Corporate Trenches at PRSA
- Why Content Marketing is the New Branding
- Congrats, Stacey Acevero, Our Community Manager of the Year
- The New Advertorial: Media Continues to Blur
- #Election2012: Romney Takes The Social Media Lead
- More Real-Time Signs That PR and Marketing Are Merging
- Will Red Bull Stratos Drive Sales of Red Bull?
Find all articles by Frank on his archive page.