Last week we brought you ‘Amazing Ideas from Demand Success Speakers; Part One’ and Amazing Ideas from Demand Success Speakers; Part Two’ where we highlighted the ‘Best of’ this years Keynote, Social Media, and Marketing speakers.
We’re back one more time with some of the most inspirational content from our speakers – this time, from the Digital Communications and Journalism experts.
Paul Sherman is something of a local DC Tech legend. Paul founded Potomac Tech Wire in 1999; “a free daily email newsletter that summarizes the business of technology in the Washington, DC area. Every business day, readers rely on us for a quick, objective briefing of the area’s top tech-related stories.” Don’t be afraid to sign up if you don’t live or do business in DC, its worth reading no matter where you live. Check out:
- Future of Marketing Panel at Potomac Tech Wire #mfuture Discusses New Marketing Trends
- Social Media Outlook by Potomac Tech Wire
Jen, like Paul, is another DC Tech legend. Jen is co-founder and COO of Tech Cocktail (with Frank Gruber) and previously spent the large majority of her career at AOL in product development.
I’ve known Jen from a distance for a few years and finally got a chance to hear her speak at XPotomac earlier this year. She didn’t disappoint. Jen is crazy talented and crazy smart. Her talk is it at the top of my list at this year’s Demand Success. Check out:
- Digital Nomads Ditch Cubicles for Shared Spaces, Choosing Their Co-Workers
- Sharon Glassman: What is Work? Cutting Yourself Free With Heart
- DC Startup Forum: Network like an Entrepreneur with Jen Consalvo
Rob spent 12 years as a Tech columnist at the Washington Post. He left in 2011 to pursue a freelancing career and has been featured in numerous online and print publications including’ USA Today (Rob has a weekly Q&A column ), CEA, Discovery News, Washingtonian, Boing Boing, and more. Check out:
- At Consumer Electronics Show, Sorting the Go-Go Gadgets from the No-Go
- Feds: Your Internet browser could be at risk
- How sports networks inflate your TV bill
- Google Probably Knew About This Post Before Me
Jay has been teaching Journalism at New York University since 1986. His blog, PressThink is a fantastic resource for innovative thinking around media and journalism.
In high school I remember traveling to NYU for the national high school journalism and newspaper awards. There was a time when I would have given anything to attend NYU’s prestigious journalism school. Hear Jay speak is going to be a really special treat. Check out:
- Audience Atomization Overcome: Why the Internet Weakens the Authority of the Press
- Bloggers vs. Journalists is Over
- The Politics of the New Huffington Post at AOL
There’s a fantastic Q&A with Petri that we just posted on the blog a few weeks ago so I’ll let everyone enjoy that post and learn more about Petri. But I will say there is no one at this conference I admire or respect more than Petri. The guy wakes up everyday and his sole mission is to make someone else’s dream come true. How can you not cheer for someone like that? Check out:
- Vocus Questions: Petri Darby on Digital Marketing and #Demand13
- SXSW 2011: Petri Darby Talks about Social Media Storytelling with Frank Barry
I’m really looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can in just a few short weeks!
And if you haven’t already, GO REGISTER for the Demand Success Marketing Conference.